Sunday, July 5, 2015

Blogging for fun and my stay in Algeria


Sitting around on vacation in my grandma's house reading, mindlessly scrolling through social media, and writing in my journal has led me to the thought of maybe doing something semi-productive, like blogging again; but this time, not for a grade.
During the school year, while blogging was a good way to write about things I liked and felt passionate about, while also practicing my knowledge in writing and English, the amount we had to blog felt like more of an assignment or a chore than anything else. This time around, I hope to make my blog more of a creative outlet where I can vent my thoughts, opinions, and simply just ramble on when I feel like it. Don't worry-- not a diary, but more of a space where I can reflect my thoughts and attitudes.

Now, getting to the important part, I am currently spending my Ramadan and remainder of the summer in Algeria seeing and hanging out with family.


The plan has been that we'll be in Algeria until August 20th (four days before school starts, yeah), with our father joining us July 31st. That's about 2 months that we'll be in Algeria, and I am ready to soak up as much sun as I can.

I hope to use this blog as a platform of this beautiful forgotten country and to even brush up on my [subpar] writing skills. 

No comments:

Post a Comment